Monday, January 16, 2012

Me? Nominated? Award? What?

Now this is the way to start a week, no Monday blahs this time! I sat down to check my email and do all that Monday-type stuff, when I find out I was nominated by Christine Benson for The Versatile Blogger Award! I was surprised, I'm still very new to blogging and learning the ropes. It's great to see that I'm at least headed in the right direction with plenty of room to continue to improve.

The idea behind The Versatile Blogger Award nominations is to use these nominations to make other bloggers aware of other great blogs, as I’m are doing here. Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award.


1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, Add The Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.

Seven random things about myself are:

  • I love horror movies. One could say I'm addicted, I'll watch even a bad horror movie because I enjoy them so much.
  • I'm a softie when it comes to animals and I nearly cry every time one of the ASPCA commercials comes on TV. I want to rush out and bring all those poor animals home.
  • I watch a lot of CNN. It's not that I'm a news junkie, I just started watching CNN during 9/11 and now I can't stop. I can't stop even when I get political overload or they run a story into the ground. Maybe I am a junkie?
  • My biggest passion in life is a love of baseball. I enjoy sports in general, watching as I am a completely uncoordinated. However, baseball is life. I learned to keep score at age nine and was the official scorekeeper for a independent minor league baseball team for a summer.
  • I like cold pizza for breakfast. It's better the second day.
  • I'm hopeless addicted to Pepsi. It's the best soda in the world.
  • When I was in the fourth grade, I broke my wrist roller skating during a game of red light, green light. I had to learn to play video games one handed when I got ColecoVision for my birthday. (Boy did I just date myself with that one!)

My nominations:

  1. Ron Leighton - The Tales of the Shining Lands
  2. TK Rayford - TK Rayford's Blog
  3. Beth Gray - Author Beth Gray
  4. Morgan Shamy - Morgan Shamy
  5. The Indelibles
  6. Making Connections
  7. Mark Ruckledge - Mark's Blog
  8. Karen Dales - Karen Dales, Author
  9. Colleen Cross - Colleen Cross, Author
  10. Lili Tufel - Lili Tufel writes Romantic Thrillers
  11. L.J. Kentowski - L.J. Writes
  12. Marion Sipe - Visions and Revisions
  13. Lisamarie Lamb - The Moonlit Door
  14. Hey, Tara!
  15. Emily Goodwin - Emily Goodwin
I'm so grateful to have been nominated. I hope that you find some great new blogs to follow.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! (And my husband is addicted to Diet Pepsi too. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Diet Pepsi is at least in the Pepsi family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww... If this isn't fun!!!! You rock, Bridg! :D And yes, pizza is always better cold the next day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! And I'm a new follower... I'll be excited to read about your adventures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Morgan!

    I keep saying I should open a cold pizza shop. I just know it would rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bridget! I'm truly honored! I love horror movies too! They seemed to have changed a lot over the years though. I'm more a fan of the ones that scare the pants off of you than the gore. The haunting type of movies are the best because you never really know if they can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean. The ones that make you use your imagination for the scary are always the best. No one knows what scare you better than you! Not to mention, I do have one wild imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Pizza IS better the second day, haha. And I love baseball! And football. Although I can honestly say I've never had Diet Pepsi. Yes, gasp. lol. Congratulations on your nomination! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I'd have to agree! LOL, no Diet Pepsi, for shame, just drink the real stuff anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for the nomination - I'm really honored! It's always good to know that people are enjoying my blog!

    In terms of the Pepsi debate, I'm definitely a Pepsi Max person - especially those new tasty flavors they've just brought out! And cold pizza for breakfast is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding, we'll have everyone converted to Pepsi and Pizza...the breakfast of champion...Writers!

    You're very welcome, Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nomination! And I'm the complete opposite as far as horror movies. I don't even watch the movie previews on TV. I'm a complete wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're very welcome on the nomination.

    As for horror movies, that's the beauty of it all. We can all find the movies we love one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete