Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Christmas Gift

Here it is Christmas again. Each year it seems to get here quicker and quicker. When I was a kid, it seemed to take forever. Now it seems we just finish one and here comes another. With all the effort and time it takes, you'd think it would be the opposite. As a kid, we can handle Christmas after Christmas coming so soon; while as an adult, I'm halfway through the day and ready for a nap.

I'd like to take the time to say that this Christmas stands out as an extra happy one as my gift, beyond family and friends, is that I accomplished my long-time goal of becoming a published author. Self-published counts, The Path of Light, is out there for others to read. It's not been out to long, only since the end of October but so far the response as been great. My family has been supportive, my friends passed the word along and according to the number of sales so far -- even strangers are finding my book and reading it.

This year has been a wild roller coaster of a ride. I don't know what 2012 has in store, but I'm looking forward to heading into it with more stories to tell, new stories to discover and old favorites to cherish.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your publication. Wish you a creative new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Maurice. It's been very exciting and I look forward to even more adventures in the new year.

    ReplyDelete