Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Twitter confession

Alright, I will admit it.
I'm hooked on Twitter. I didn't think it would be all that interesting. I mean what can you say in 140 characters that would keep me hanging on the edge of my seat? Well as it turns out, tons! It is shocking how much information can be packed into 140 characters. Even more shocking, how entertained I am by those little nuggets of information.

To be honest, I'd scoffed at Twitter since the beginning. I'd avoided it. I didn't bother to ever even go to the website to check it out. When I saw Twitter feeds on other sites, I turned up my nose. I snubbed it. I didn't need it. I wouldn't ever have a use for it. What could you possibly be doing that you'd need to "tweet" to the masses?

Now, I have to take it all back. There are some very cool things happening in those little "tweets." I recently got into social media to help promote my book, but since I joined Twitter I've found myself losing track of time tweeting, retweeting, following and don't even get me started on the hashtags. It is addictive. I hate to click away, what will I miss while I'm gone?

I now understand what all the excitement was all about. I now know what drives people to see what is trending. It's a rush. It's a challenge. It's a treasure hunt. It's just good fun. I never thought I'd ever be a Twitter critter. Oh no, 28 new tweets since I've been writing this blog post. I'm missing everything!

2 comments:

  1. LoL, I don't know much about it, Don't have an account but it's intersting to see your perspective, I don't know if I'll ever get a twitter account...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd need one, let alone enjoy it so much. I was surprised.

    ReplyDelete