Thursday, November 10, 2011

The beginning of Book Two

Today I took a break from all that book promoting stuff and got back into working on book two. It always amazes me how you can take a break from it, but come back and you just fall right back into the storyline. It was like coming home. It felt good to be with my characters again -- old friends that I don't know what I'd do without.

So my first thing was getting out a few chapters from notes and ideas in my head actually out in book-like form onto the computer. I always laugh because no matter how many times I plot or plan it once I start writing, the characters decide they want to do things in a different order. So after getting a couple of chapters down, I've already switched up the beginning. The real joke is on them because no matter where they wanted to start, my beginning will change three or four times before it's all finished.

I'm already pleased with the flow. I think the action picks up great in the next book and should hook readers right in. I have one word scribbles for 17 chapters but I can already see I'm making some major changes to that. Still no idea on an end just yet, but that always just falls into place as the action wraps up in this phase of the story.

The break from all out promoting was great, but I still managed to hit a few groups and just talk books and have some fun. It always reminds me just why I so enjoy writing. An escape to my own little world where if I don't like something, I have the power to change it. Delete and backspace are my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment