Sunday, November 6, 2011

A great all around Sunday

So, normally I don't see Sundays as all that special. I mean all they usually do is herald in the next Monday, which is the kick off to another busy week. This Sunday started off great with getting two football games that I actually enjoyed watching. Start off with another Niner win, they are almost reminding me of the good ol' days when the Niners were a force to be reckoned with. Sitting at 7-1 now, it's a scary thought that they might even be good again, despite sticking with the wrong quarterback in Alex Smith.

And speaking of quarterbacks, that brings me to football game number two that was worth watching, the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. Every time I watch Rodgers play I keep wanting to kick some Niner butt for passing on him in the draft for Smith. Okay, I might be a tad biased in that Rodgers is a local boy. I got to cover him in a couple of games back in his high school days back when I was a sports writer for the local paper.

But all bias aside, I can't help wondering how much better the Niners would be with Rodgers rather than Smith. Every touchdown pass and play saving run makes me proud that someone from my hometown area does good, and then I wanna spit cause he should be doing all that good stuff as a Niner. In the long run, at least I get a team that is somewhat entertaining and fun to watch when the Niners are blowing it with Smith as quarterback.

On the writing front...

I'm happy to say that despite my lack of actual knowledge of how to put social networking to the best use, word about my book is getting out there. With listings on Amazon and Smashwords, I'm waiting on getting it sent out to Barnes and Noble and several other platforms to make it even more widely available.

You can also find a link to it on a great readers and authors website, Goodreads. It's a great place to find a lot of other people that love books and love to write as much as I do. I also was lucky enough to get a link to my book put on the website 1500 Authors.

I've also dusted off an old short story. I know short story? Me? Yes, I have written something short before. I figured since marketing book one was taking up so much time, I should at least get something else written and this was something I could work on in bits and pieces and get accomplished in a reasonable span of time.

I think I'll enjoy the challenge. I've not decided what I'll do with it when it's finished, but there'll be plenty of time to figure that out. Until then, I'll just keep writing and stumbling around social network sites and see what I can figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment