Friday, November 18, 2011

Sales, sales, sales

So sales are moving along on the book front and I should have it placed on all platforms by the holidays. Can anyone say Christmas gift? Hint, hint.

But seriously, I made it on Barnes & Noble and still get giddy and excited when I type my name into a search and the book pops up. Makes me feel so proud that I've managed to accomplish something like this. If you'd like to take a look at the Barnes & Noble listing click here. Did I mention how excited I am?

I'm writing away on another project and am a bit miffed that I missed out on the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) contest. A month to pound out 50,000 words sounds very challenging and exciting. How can you resist something that is labeled thirty days and thirty nights of literary abandon. I'm hoping to give things a shot next time. I have no idea if I could turn out anything that might remotely rate as a coherent story, but what fun trying. The overall word count isn't the scary part, it's the amount of words you'd need to write each day. I think it would be fun.

But since I missed it as it, I have to go back to plugging away on my own with no rushed and frantic deadline to urge me on. I suppose I could take this time to practice and see how many words I could get out a month. It's a very cool challenge I'm looking forward to tackling.

I also just want to throw out a big Kongrats to Coach K! 903! Puts him as all-time wins leader in men's college basketball. The win over Davidson makes the total 904. I don't really want to keep a tally all season, but I'm hoping to see a lot more wins on his total by the end of the season. Go Duke!

No comments:

Post a Comment