Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One giant step for me

WOW! I did it!

You may be wondering just what I did. That's actually build and publish my own website. Right now it's nothing special but for someone who has absolutely no clue what to do, this was a big step! You can check out my handy work at The Chronicles of Vlandamyuir. It is definitely a work in progress.

However, for someone that had never even posted on Facebook until a month ago, I feel I am learning my way around the internet, social media and websites. I know there is so much more for me to learn, and it is a little exciting. My biggest issue is figuring out what to say and how to say it. If I could just put it out there in words, I'd be okay. Funny, html has nothing to do with words. I think I understood Latin back in high school better than html. It's definitely all geek...er Greek to me.

I finally learned how to put a widget on this blog and now I'll get to use that newly won knowledge to work making the website look better. It is all about one step at a time. I thought the challenge was over once I hit the publish button and put my book out there. I'm thinking now the challenge to promote and stumble and bumble my way around the social networking has been a bigger accomplishment.

There is nothing that can say it's all been a success, but I do have a great amount of satisfaction knowing that even with trail and error, I'm making headway. One day, I might even be expert enough to write a book on it. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll stick to making my books up. No one can tell me I did that part wrong, they can just tell me they didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment